Essential Motor Points + Upper/Lower Crossed Syndromes
Richard Hazel uses a unique style of acupuncture that relies heavily on knowledge of neurology and sports medicine. He was one of very few people to learn Motor Point Acupuncture at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in New York where he completed his Master of Science in Acupuncture, Orthopedic & Sports Medicine.
Richard has also studied different acupuncture styles from some of the best acupuncturists in North America and spent years learning about trigger points and the treatment of myofascial pain from the works of Dr. Janet Travell and Dr. C Chan Gunn.
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is for qualified practitioners who are focused on treating acute or chronic pains and who work with professional or amateur athletes that would like to increase their performance.
Motor Point Acupuncture is highly effective and can produce fast and lasting results in the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
This seminar is separated into two parts :
- All the Essential Motor Points
- Those are your bread and butter and are the ones you’ll be using day in and day out. It is very important to get them right, therefore they are taught at every seminar. So you get a chance to get better at treating them and to really master them. With those points alone, you could run a clinic!
- The pillar of your new practice will be knowing how to treat the following 10 muscles:
- Levator Scapulae
- Medial Scalenes
- Semispinalis Capitis
- Upper Traps
- Quadratus Lumborum
- Gluteus Medius
- Gluteus Maximus
- A specialized theme: Upper/Lower crossed syndromes
- You definitely want to know how to treat Upper and Lower crossed syndromes! And it’s the first and only time Richard will be teaching it in Europe this year! Upper and Lower crossed syndromes are a combination of weak and tight muscles either in the neck or hips and low back identified by the famous neurologist Dr Janda. Posture is key! And the key to treating posture is knowing how to treat Upper and Lower crossed syndroms.
The workshop will include lectures, treatment demonstrations, and of course a lot of hands-on practice. Sign up today, only 20 seats available!
UPDATE: We invited Dan Dominguez to come teach together with Richard, so we can accept more participants!
Check out this excerpt from one of Richard’s seminars:
List of muscles covered:
- Medial scalenes
- Semispinalis capitis
- Upper traps
- Quadratus Lumborum
- Gluteus medius
- Gluteus maximus
- Rhomboid major
- Middle traps
- Lower traps
- Serratus Anterior
- Pectoralis minor
- Rectus femoris
- Vastus medialis
- Vastus lateralis
- Iliocostalis lumborum
- Semispinalis thoracis
- Rectus abdominals
- Transverse Abdominals
- Internal Oblique
About the speaker
Richard Hazel received his Master of Science in Acupuncture – Orthopedic & Sports Medicine at Pacific College in New York. The program focused on the location and treatment of motor points as seen in Matt Callison’s Motor Point Index, for the treatment pain and improved neuromuscular function. Richard has also studied Neurofunctional Electric Stimulation Acupuncture under Dan Wunderlich, LAc and the theories and methods of Dr. C C Gunn and Dr. Janet Travell. Richard’s private practice in NY focuses on treating chronic pains and injuries and improving performance by assessing muscle imbalances and decreased range of motion. He gets excellent results with only a few treatments necessary by keeping the focus on restoring the function of the limbs, joints or spinal segments, instead of attempting to merely treat local pain.
Accredited with Zhong.
Seminar Dates, Time & Location
11th – 12th May 2019, Amsterdam
Tel+31 (0)20 551 31 90
- Price: 500 Euros
- Ask for a discount if you would like to attend several seminars.
Sign up Now!
It is estimated that that 10% of the world’s population suffers from various types of chronic pains! Do you want to be able to successfully treat various types of acute and chronic pains? Are you working with athletes focused on high performance? Then this seminar is definitely for you! Sign up today, only 20 seats available!
UPDATE: We invited Dan Dominguez to teach together with Richard, so we can accept more sign ups!