Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture: Treating Neurological diseases and Chronic & Acute Pain
Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture (YNSA) is named after the Japanese physician, Dr. Toshikatsu Yamamoto, who developed this acupuncture system in 1973. YNSA is used to treat neurological conditions and is both effective and has immediate results in stroke patients with pain and/or restricted mobility. YNSA comprises basic acupuncture points (somatopes) mainly on the scalp, as well as on other body regions. In addition to providing fast symptomatic relief, YNSA can have curative effects on certain neurological disorders.
Who is this seminar for?
This course is designed for practitioners who have completed basic acupuncture training and are interested in learning a highly effective form of Scalp Acupuncture. Their experience might be in general medical applications, pain management, or rehabilitation medicine. The participants will enhance their clinical ability to improve, relieve, and treat difficult neurological, neuromuscular, gynaecological and psychological disorders including:
- Symptoms of neurological disturbances which stem from various diseases
- Conditions of various functional disturbances
- Chronic or acute pain (back pain, pain in the legs, hands, arms, neck etc)
- Difficulty in mobility and limitation in movement
- Sensation problems
- Acute allergy attacks
- Support of fertility and hormonal imbalance in women; gynecological disorders
- Psychological disorders, such as anxiety, depression, OCD, ADD, HDHD, insomnia
Watch this short video to see how you can use YNSA to get immediate pain reduction and improvement in range of motion treating shoulder and neck pain:
Join David Bomzon for a 2.5 day intensive course about YNSA from January 11th – 13th 2019 (2.5 days) in Amsterdam.
- Introduction – Who is Dr. Toshikatsu Yamamoto and the background of the discovery of YNSA
- Learning the location and function of the basic points, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H
- Learning Ypsilon, ( internal organs) points and cranial nerve points
- Neck and elbow diagnoses
- I, J and K somatopes
- Tinnitus and master key points
- Learning when and how to apply YNSA
- Demonstration of YNSA treatments
What can attendees expect from this seminar?
At this seminar:
- Participants will learn about the history of Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture
- Participants will learn basic YNSA points
- Participants will learn about the different diagnostic areas of YNSA and how to use them to select the correct points to needle
- Participants will learn how YNSA is applied to a patient witha neurological disorderand/or pain
- Participants will learn how to apply YNSA to treat any energy imbalance in the body
- Participants will learn how to combine YNSA with other TCM treatments
About the speakers
David Bomzon is a therapist and lecturer who specializes in classical Chinese medicine and YNSA. David is the founder of the Pnima Center in Haifa, Israel, which is devoted to the practice of complementary medicine in an integrative manner, and in which patients are encouraged to supplement the benefits of conventional medicine with complementary treatments. Since its establishment in 2007, the center has become the leading center for Chinese medicine in Haifa, and is the leading center for teaching YNSA in Israel. David teaches rehabilitative Chinese medicine and is a senior lecturer in complementary and integrative medicine at Reidman College, which is an established l college for Chinese and complementary medicine in Israel. He is considered a leading authority on YNSA, and is regularly invited to lecture on this topic at professional gatherings and conferences. He is involved in clinical research which is investigating the benefits of YNSA in neurological rehabilitation. Throughout his career as a therapist, lecturer, and mentor, David has pushed for the integral combination of acupuncture, Chinese medicine and scalp acupuncture. Today he is one of the leading therapists in Israel specializing in rehabilitative and integrative acupuncture.
Avi Amir is a therapist who specializes in Chinese medicine and medical massage therapy, and in particular the treatment of orthopedic problems and pain. Avi Amir also practices YNSA, which he studied under the guidance of Dr. Toshikatsu Yamamoto, founder of this technique. Avi maintains regular contact with Dr. Yamamoto, and through this contact, he is regularly updated on developments in the field. Avi is one of the co-founders of the International School of Scalp Acupuncture, and is an active managing partner of the community clinic at the Pnima Center. At Pnima, Avi treats over 150 patients a week using Chinese medicine and medical massage techniques. He also uses his vast experience with YNSA as well his teaching skills to enrich the skills of other therapists and health care professionals with knowledge on this unique method. Avi recently established a unique support center at Pnima, which provides professional enrichment, as well as professional guidance to new graduates in the field of complementary medicine. The center is the first of its kind in Israel, and helps individuals interested in doing so to combine scalp acupuncture into their practice. Avi Amir believes that YNSA is an inseparable part of his clinical paradigm and of his life. He is glad to have been given to opportunity to broaden the toolbox of other therapists and health care providers by teaching them this unique method, and by passing on the knowledge and experience that he has gained. He feels that this is the best way to ensure that a maximal number of patients benefit from this treatment method.
This seminar is NVA accredited.
Seminar Dates & Location
11th – 13th January 2019 (2.5 days), Amsterdam
Friday: 1pm – 5pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am – 5pm
Tel+31 (0)20 551 31 90
- Regular price: 450 Euros
- Ask for a discount if you would like to attend several seminars.